Victoria Lawn Cemetary
Situated beside the Welland Canal in east St. Catharines, Victoria Lawn Cemetery was established in 1856 by the Town of St. Catharines. The Town hired renowned landscape gardener Robert Mundy to plan the cemetery and plant the flower beds and trees. Originally named The St. Catharines Cemetery, Victoria Lawn Cemetery took its current name in honour of Queen Victoria of England at the turn of the 20th century.
Today, Victoria Lawn consists of 170 acres of grave sites, more than 79,000 people interred and 155 years of history.