The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre
The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre is an art gallery and studio located in a heritage building circa 1891 on the banks of the Niagara River. The pumping station supplied water to the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake until 1983. The Pumphouse Art Centre Association was formed in 1990 and through community effort, the building was restored was converted to a visual arts centre in 1994. The Niagara Pumphouse offers year-round educational programs, exhibitions and events promoting interests in the visual arts.