The Art Gym
What is The Art Gym? Think of it as a fitness gym, but instead of working out your body, you are exercising your creativity!
What do you do there?
• Experiment and explore your creativity with a huge variety of art materials for painting, drawing and sculpting.
• Learn from an expert – take a Beginner Lesson, or do some Personal Art Training
• Display and sell your artistic creations for the whole world to see and appreciate.
• Take part in monthly art competitions and have your best displayed and win an art store gift card!
• Join in drop in Life Drawing sessions
• Grow and improve your artistic abilities with positive critiques during our Feedback Hour on Facebook
• Show us your musical talent, or enjoy the gifts of others during our Music Nights
Who can join? “Non-artists” who have always wanted to try doing something artsy, but haven’t known where to begin and Artists in search of a fun lively creative community with which to share their artistic prowess and to soak up some inspiration!
Is The Art Gym an Art School? No, not in the sense of formal classes given at set times, etc… Think more along the lines of an inventor’s workshop with all the tools and materials on hand just waiting for you and your wild ideas!
I know, I know, you’re thinking but I don’t know what to do with all those tools and materials! No problem! For those of you just starting out and perhaps unsure of how to use a particular medium we do offer beginner lessons for individuals or groups to give you the basics. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to book a lesson. But what about those of us that want more in depth instruction on a particular medium, you say? Not to worry! We’ve got Personal Art Trainers to teach you all you need to know. Check them out on our website.
And for those of you who love Life Drawing we have Drop In sessions every Saturday and Sunday from 11am – 12:15 pm.
Is the Art Gym an Art Gallery? Yes, along with being a place for artistic experimentation, The Art Gym also exhibits local artists work for display and sale. See whose work is showing on our website.
We also hold Art Competitions monthly and exhibit the winner’s in our four categories, Watercolour, Oil, Acrylic and Drawing upon our Winner’s Wall and gift each of them with a Curry’s Art Store gift card. Learn all about it on our website.
Where is The Art Gym? We are easy to find! Just head to the St. Catharines Go Train station at 5 Great Western St. and you’ll see us right beside it. Look for the balloons!
How can I join? We offer day passes, monthly memberships, and gift certificates. Check out our website for prices.