Niagara-on-the-Lake Old Courthouse
The building at 26 Queen Street, commonly known as the Niagara District Court House, is situated on the south side of Queen Street between King and Regent Streets in the Town of Niagara-on-the Lake. The three-storey stone building was designed in the Neoclassical style by architect William Thomas and was constructed from 1846-48.
The exterior of the courthouse and select interior elements are protected by an Ontario Heritage Trust conservation easement. The Niagara District Court House was declared a National Historic Site in 1980.