Niagara Symphony Orchestra
A cultural treasure for over six decades, the Niagara Symphony Orchestra (NSO) is a professional orchestra of over 50 musicians providing classical and contemporary orchestral music to more than 12,000 residents of the Niagara Region annually.Each season, the NSO presents 16 concerts in three distinct series: Masterworks, POPS! and Classical Family. The NSO proudly showcases top national and international guest artists bringing the stars of the world to the stages of Niagara.
A year of firsts, the 2015/16 season marks the long-awaited move to the new FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre and the debut of the NSO’s first Artist-in-Residence, composer/pianist Stewart Goodyear.
The NSO is also a leader in music education, offering programmes to inspire and nurture a life-long love of music in Niagara’s citizens. Summer Music Camp, Composer in the Classroom, the Youth Club and The Academy at Summer Music Camp give students the opportunity to explore and make music. Our Spotlight On! programme showcases student ensembles in the lobby during NSO performances. A registered not-for-profit arts organization, the NSO receives support from individual donors, corporate sponsors and federal, provincial, regional and municipal governments, all of whom recognize the vital role the creative arts play in a developing and sustaining a thriving community.
- POPS! 1: True North: The Canadian Songbook
- Classical Family 1: Spooktacular
- Masterworks 2: Wish List
- Masterworks 3: Con Danza
- POPS! 2: All Through the House - A Holiday Wassail!
- Masterworks 4: Honey and Rue
- Classical Family 2: Fun with Fables
- Masterworks 5: Nordic Impressions
- POPS! 3: Who put the Pop in POPular?
- Masterworks 6: Fires of Creation
- POPS! 4: Reimagining Broadway
- Classical Family 3: Playtime!
- Masterworks 7: Full Circle