The Niagara-on-the-Lake Museum is home to one of the finest collections of early Canadian artefacts and archives. Founded in 1895, the object of the Niagara Historical Society was to encourage the study of Canadian history and to collect and preserve Canadian historical records and relics.
Under the determined leadership of Janet Carnochan, the Society constructed Memorial Hall, which opened in 1907. It was the first building in Ontario designed solely for the use as an historical museum. Today, the Museum consists of the old Niagara High School (1895), the Link Building (1973) and Memorial Hall (1906) and houses an unparalleled collection of over 40,000 artefacts and archives.
Visitors are treated to temporary exhibitions in Memorial Hall as well as a permanent display, Our Story, which chronicles the history of Niagara-on-the-lake and its people.
- Lunchbox Cinema: Black History Month Film Series | Niagara on the Lake Museum
- 2020 Lecture Series
- Famous & Infamous | Niagara on the Lake Museum
- Neighbourhood Walks
- Walking Tours of Historic Niagara-on-the-Lake
- The Past is Present Heritage Festival | Niagara on the Lake Museum
- Niagara Polo
- Doors Open Niagara-on-the-Lake
- We’ll Meet Again | Niagara on the Lake Museum