Department of Visual Arts, MIWSFPA
The Visual Arts (VISA) program, part of the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts at Brock University, is designed to focus on the intellectual and creative development of the individual.
Studio courses provide a challenging environment to study design concepts, drawing, painting and interdisciplinary art using installation, video, photography and digital media as a basis for creative practice. As well, art history courses provide the critical framework to understanding the development of Western Art and contemporary thought. This combination of practical and theoretical studies provides students with a maximum of creative freedom within a supportive academic environment of small classes.
The Walker Gift and New Building Confirmed:
In November 2008, President Jack Lightstone announced a $15-million gift from Marilyn I. Walker, famed fibre artist and philanthropist. Unprecedented in its generosity and foresight, the gift was key to securing the historic Canada Hair Cloth Building (198 St. Paul Street) in downtown St. Catharines for future adaptation as a state-of-the-art learning facility. The university and the city have combined forces to create a Performing Arts Centre and a new home for the MIWSFPA. Construction of this $100 plus-million project is to be completed in Summer of 2015 for the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts.
- An Instrument of Colour: Student Exhibition | At the MIWSFPA
- Brock Art Collective: Art Block - Annual Exhibition | At MIWSFPA
- Translations: An Invitational Photography Exhibition | At Rodman Hall
- Art Exhibit | Sacred Spaces,Kaitlyn Roberts & Chardon Trimble-Kirk | At the MIWSFPA
- Brock Student Arts Exhibition | Crisscross | At the MIWSFPA
- Brock | Walker Cultural Leader Landon Mackenzie | The Moon is the Message | At FirstOntario PAC
- Brock University Department of Visual Arts Honours Exhibition | Rodman Hall Art Centre
- Student Art Exhibition | Advanced Art Practice | At the MIWSFPA
- Student Art Exhibition | Sarah Martin | At the MIWSFPA
- NCDSB Young Artist’s exhibition | At the MIWSFPA
- Student Art Exhibition | Introduction to Sculpture Program | At the MIWSFPA