Department of Music, MIWSFPA
The Department of Music at Brock University is part of the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts. Our goal is to prepare students for their chosen musical career and to produce critically aware musicians with a broadly based musical education.
Throughout the academic year, we offer several exciting concert series open to the community. Student Ensembles: Mixed Chorale; Women’s Chorus; Men’s Chorus; Wind Ensemble; Chamber Music Ensembles in the Music Ed Plus Program; Symphony Orchestra (Niagara Community). As well as professional performances presented by the Walker Cultural Leader Series; the Avanti Chamber Singers; and the Encore! Professional Concert Series.
The Walker Gift and New Building Confirmed:
In November 2008, President Jack Lightstone announced a $15-million gift from Marilyn I. Walker, famed fibre artist and philanthropist. Unprecedented in its generosity and foresight, the gift was key to securing the historic Canada Hair Cloth Building (198 St. Paul Street) in downtown St. Catharines for future adaptation as a state-of-the-art learning facility. The university and the city have combined forces to create a Performing Arts Centre and a new home for the MIWSFPA. Construction of this $100 plus-million project is to be completed in Summer of 2015 for the Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts.
- RBC Foundation Music@Noon | At the FirstOntario PAC
- Encore! Professional Concert Series: Rondeau Brass Quintet | Directed by Tim White
- Hugh and Marie Logan Jazz Series: The University Jazz Ensemble | The Brock Big Band
- Brock University Wind Ensemble Series with Conductor Zoltan Kalman
- Brock University String Orchestra Series with Conductor George Cleland
- Viva Voce! Choral Series: Brock University Choirs | Conducted by Rachel Rensink-Hoff
- Avanti Chamber Singers | Voices Raised 2.0 | Artistic Direction by Rachel Rensink-Hoff