- You must create an account to post on cNiagara.ca.
- You may only post events and content that is connected to the Niagara region.
- You can only use cNiagara.ca to post cultural material – arts, heritage and festivals (See Cultural Definition)
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You may not post sexually suggestive, discriminatory, or offensive content.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other cNiagara.ca users.
- You may not use the cNiagara.ca service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the cNiagara.ca website.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack cNiagara.ca or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with cNiagara.ca.
- You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from cNiagara.ca including but not limited to user profiles and photos.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email or comments to any cNiagara.ca members ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of cNiagara.ca, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your ability to use cNiagara.ca. While cNiagara.ca prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that cNiagara.ca cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials, and that you use the cNiagara.ca website at your own risk.
cNiagara.ca only posts material relating to culture in Niagara. cNiagara.ca reserves the right to remove any content we feel does not meet these definitions:
ArtsMusic, film, media, dance, theatre, literary and visual arts.
HeritageOral traditions, cultural landscapes, archeological sites, structures, artifacts and records.
FestivalsSeries of theme-related events, predominantly cultural in nature, usually held annually for two or more consecutive days and possessing regional appeal.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate cNiagara.ca for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username or account that becomes inactive, violates trademark, or may mislead other users.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
Proprietary Rights in Content on cNiagara.ca
- cNiagara.ca does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the cNiagara.ca website. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the cNiagara.ca website, you hereby grant to cNiagara.ca a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content not shared publicly ("private") will not be distributed outside the cNiagara.ca website.
- Some of the cNiagara.ca website is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that cNiagara.ca may place such advertising and promotions on the cNiagara.ca website or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the cNiagara.ca website or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the cNiagara.ca website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the cNiagara.ca website.
- The cNiagara.ca website contains Content of cNiagara.ca ("cNiagara.ca Content"). cNiagara.ca is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and cNiagara.ca owns and retains all rights in the cNiagara.ca Content and the cNiagara.ca website. cNiagara.ca hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the cNiagara.ca website (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Site and using the cNiagara.ca website.
- The cNiagara.ca website contains Content of Users and other cNiagara.ca licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the cNiagara.ca website.